Tuna, Wahoo, White Marlin and BIG Blue Marlin await you in Bermuda. You may want to go to www.fishbermuda.com for more details about Captain Allen’s operation, but depending of the time of year you could find yourself chumming, kite fishing, live baiting, slow trolling or dragging the big marlin plugs looking for that sea monster. Captain Allen has caught two granders in the past two years, so stand by. You never know when it could happen.
Bermuda weather in the summer is generally predictable and benign. Like most of the North Atlantic, there are more ‘sporty’ days as we approach the cold fronts of fall. The variety of fishing available in Bermuda really keeps things interesting.
When you land, a taxi will be waiting for you at the airport to take you to the house. Early that evening Allen or his mate will stop by to confirm the plans for the following day. The “MAKO” usually leaves the dock adjacent to the house at around 7:30. Unless you have alternative wishes, we are usually back at the dock at 4:00 – 4:30 where you can have a drink with Allen as you discuss the day, before you go back to the house to freshen up.
Allen DeSilva will be running “MAKO” in Bermuda. Over the past 30-plus years, Allen has been the premier charter boat captain in Bermuda, catching a number of granders and normally topping the fleet in total Marlin releases for the season. His techniques and advice are frequently featured in the press and his experience with the Bermuda fishery is unparalleled.
“MAKO” is a 2009, BRAND NEW, 56ft Carolina Sportsfisher, built by Sunny Briggs, and powered by twin 1,000hp diesels, making her one of the fastest boats on the Island. With a top speed of 40 knots and a large, fully air-conditioned cabin, she will be fast, safe and comfortable. Some highlights of the operation:
- Caught, tagged & released the most Blue Marlin in Bermuda for the last 21 years.
- Bermuda Blue Marlin record holder – a massive 1,352lbs, plus other granders.
- Successfully tagged & released 3 Blue Marlins at the same time.
- Caught 44 Yellowfin Tuna in one day / 37 Wahoo in one day / 5 Blue marlin in one day.
Bermuda Accommodations ~ CORTINA
A perfect day of fishing becomes a wonderful evening with a gourmet meal prepared and served by CORTINA’s attentive staff.
Aboard CORTINA life is exquisite. Enjoy pre-dinner cocktails on the foredeck and gourmet meals, with a selection of fine wines, served on her covered aft deck or in her main salon. Whether underway or at anchor, you can sun yourself on the foredeck, brunch up top, or cool down in her spacious salon as CORTINA’s crew fulfills your every need.
Her extra-wide beam translates to spacious and elegant accommodations below and roomy comfort in the common areas. CORTINA’s full width, king size master suite, queen size VIP suite and twin stateroom all provide optimum privacy. All guest accommodations have ensuite baths and private entertainment systems. A large cockpit allows easy water access for maximum enjoyment of CORTINA’s water toys. The Yamaha Waverunner, 16′ Novurania, fishing equipment, a new fighting chair and compressor supported scuba diving ensure your trip will be a treasured memory.
- Builder: Halvorsen Marine
- Length: 73′
- Beam: 20′ .6
- Draft: 5′ 6″
- Construction: Fiberglass/Airex
- Cruising Speed: 13 knots
- Max Speed: 18 knots
- Range: 1,200 miles
- Guests: 6
- Cabins: 3
- Crew: 3 in separate quarters
- Communications: SEA SSB radio, 2, ICOM VHF radios, Cellular phone, intercom
- Entertainment: USSB Direct Satellite TV, televisions, DVD, CD, VCRs and stereo in all cabins
- Dining: Gourmet chef, 60-bottle capacity wine cooler
- Water Sports: Two-seat Waverunner, 16′ Novurania w/ 70-hp Yamaha outboard, Water skis, Deep sea fishing tackle with Penn Int’l reels, 12-gauge skeet shooting, compressor supported scuba diving with 12 tanks